Sunday, August 19, 2007

We didn't do a lot this weekend. Kirsten and I did some scrapbook shopping while Daddy mowed the lawn. We found a few good deals. We got home right before a big storm hit. The lighting was terrible.

We are working on a displine plan. We have always used the "thinking chair", which is basically "time out". We usually make her sit in a chair faced towards the corner for 1 minute. Up until recently the only reasons we sent her there was for biting or hitting. Last week when I sent her there she decided instead of sitting in her chair to pick it up and parade around the room holding her chair above her head. After that incident we tried lightly popping her hand. That of course as I expected lead to a 5 times popping match, but I eventually won and she gave up. I went and got a few books on discipline from the library and I read about time out. It turns out we were doing everything pretty much correctly and we just need to keep putting her back each time she goes to leave and hold her there for her minute if needed.

So while I sort thru the books we are going to use the thinking chair and/or hand popping as we think the crime fits. Wish us LUCK! I did find out from reading today she is the SPIRITED toddler. Which by the definition in the book is the most active, like I didn't know that already.

No comments: